[gtkada] simple gtk_editable question

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Wed Jan 9 20:21:56 CET 2002

>   I need to maintain the original code base which defines NAME as the
> subtype NAME_TYPE and NAME_TYPE as a string of (1..40)...  could it have
> something to do with the use of subtypes?   To simplify things for testing
> purposes I removed all that and now have a simple bounded string called
> holder which I'm trying to get the value from the entry. I'm still getting a
> constraint error raised on the 'get_chars' line.  I know I know, probably a
> simple Ada problem...  Anybody?

Yes, this really is getting off topic. I think people gave you enough general
Ada help here so that you can get a sense that your problem isn't related
to GtkAda. If you need more help, I'd suggest that you ask your question to a
general Ada forum such as comp.lang.ada, or that you contact your compiler
vendor which will be happy to help.

Regards,

Arno