[gtkada] Error in GDK specs

Pedro Díaz Jiménez pdiaz88 at terra.es
Mon Jan 7 18:42:59 CET 2002

The mentioned paragraph is:
"Pixmaps are off-screen drawables. They can be drawn upon with the standard
drawing primitives, then copied to another drawable (such as a Gdk_Window)
with Gdk.Pixmap.Draw. The depth of a pixmap is the number of bits per pixels.
Bitmaps are simply pixmaps with a depth of 1. (That is, they are monochrome
bitmaps - each pixel can be either on or off). see section Package Gdk.Bitmap
for more details on bitmap handling. "

Could that be refering instead to Draw_Pixmap (in Gdk.Drawable)?

procedure Draw_Pixmap
     (Drawable : in Gdk_Drawable;
      Gc       : in Gdk.GC.Gdk_GC;
      Src      : in Gdk_Drawable;
      Xsrc     : in Gint;
      Ysrc     : in Gint;
      Xdest    : in Gint;
      Ydest    : in Gint;
      Width    : in Gint := -1;
      Height   : in Gint := -1);
   --  Draw a pixmap, or a part of a pixmap, onto another drawable.
   --  Src is the source GdkPixmap to draw.
   --  Xsrc is the left edge of the source rectangle within Src.
   --  Ysrc is the top of the source rectangle within Src.
   --  Xdest is the x coordinate of the destination within Src.
   --  Ydest is the y coordinate of the destination within Src.
   --  Width is the width of the area to be copied, or -1 to make the area
   --  extend to the right edge of the source pixmap.
   --  Height is the height of the area to be copied, or -1 to make the area
   --  extend to the bottom edge of the source pixmap.

Seems to me that this procedure does what the inexistent (to my knowing)
Gdk.Pixmap.Draw would do

Cheers
Pedro

On Monday 07 January 2002 16:07, manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com wrote:
> In the specs of packages Gdk.Bitmap and Gdk.Pixmap there's
> mention of a Gdk.Pixmap.Draw subprogram. In Gdk.Pixmap there's
> no such subprogram however. What was meant? Thanks
>
> Manuel

- --

/*
 * Pedro Diaz Jimenez: pdiaz88 at terra.es, pdiaz at acm.asoc.fi.upm.es
 * http://acm.asoc.fi.upm.es/~pdiaz
 *
 * GPG KeyID: E118C651
 * Fingerprint: 1FD9 163B 649C DDDC 422D  5E82 9EEE 777D E118 C65
 *
 */
- --
Hay un proverbio chino que dice: " el clavo que sobresale siempre recibe un
martillazo ".