[gtkada] Creating a file selector for multiple files

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Mon Feb 11 15:25:10 CET 2002

>how do I create a file selector where I can select multiple files?

You'd have to write it yourself probably. I find the
current Gtk.File_Selection to be inadequate for a real
application. And I'm anxious to know if Gtk 2.0 will
provide a better one. If it doesn't, I'm probably
going to make a better one myself.
There's also a problem with it under Windows, if you
use it on a directory which contains 2000 files or so,
it takes a loooong time to appear, maybe more than
20 seconds, much longer than a Windows file selector
takes.
And not to forget the terribly annoying problem that the
directory list depends on the file mask in the selection
entry!

Manuel