[gtkada] Creating a Window from a task

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Dec 6 12:24:32 CET 2002

Wayne Bullaughey <wayne at bullaughey.com> wrote on 05/12/2002 (08:39) :

> I'm using  GtkAda 1.3.12 for Win32. My main task creates a GtkAda
> window which works correctly. I have child thread that gets requests
> from a socket interface. It needs to create an independent GtkAda
> window when it receives a request. The toplevel window gets displayed
> but non of the widgets that it contains are displayed. Is there
> something I need to do to allow the child thread to create GtkAda
> windows? Alternately do I need to create my new window from the
> original thread?

I don't know how you do it so check and compare your code with my
example:

   Klokka => http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/Klokka/

Have you tried to compile your program on Linux? If so, does it work
there?

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»