[gtkada] Updating a list box.

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Sun Aug 11 04:29:08 CEST 2002

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake at acm.org> writes:

> I'm using GtkAda 1.3.12, on Windows 98.
>
> I'm working on a database application; the database stores books I've
> read. The database is MySQL, accessed via GNADE and MyODBC.
>
> <snip complaint about Gtk.List>

I've switched to a Clist, and it works.

But now I have another question.

I've enclosed the Clist in a Scrolled_Window, so long lists of titles
can be scrolled.

However, the initial size of the Scrolled_Window only has space for
two titles. This is fine, but when I get 10 titles, I'd like the user
to be able to resize the Scrolled_Window to show more. But, when I
resize the top level window, the Scrolled_Window does not get bigger;
it just gets centered.

Here's the initial appearance:
+-----------
| buttons
| text box
| scrolled_window
| "
+-----------

Here's what I want when I resize the top level:
+-----------
| buttons
| text box
| scrolled_window
| "
| "
| "
+-----------

But here's what I get:

+-----------

| buttons
| text box
| scrolled_window
| "

Just empty space.

How to I get the Scrolled_Window to resize? Do I have to manually
change the Vadjustment?

--
-- Stephe