[gtkada] paint

yoann toussaint yoann.toussaint at free.fr
Tue Apr 30 14:56:30 CEST 2002

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com wrote:

>I can't tell for sure without seeing all the code, but you
>probably still need to realize the window first before calling
>Get_Window. You can do that easiest by calling Show_All on
>your dialog which contains the drawing area, like
>
>Show_All(My_Paint_Dialog);
>Then call your Draw procedure.
>
>Manuel

ok, that 's it !
now I use the double_buffer instead of gtk_drawing_area,
but when I call the following code between show_all and draw :

    drawing: double_buffer;
     gdkw:Gdk_drawable;

Gdkw := Get_pixmap (Drawing) ;

    -- Clear the window
      Gdk.window.Clear (Gdkw) ;

the compile success, but run failed and return :

Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

is anyone knows why ?
what the error_code 3 means ?
thanks, yoann