[gtkada] FW: Awareness of dragging a GtkAda.Canvas.Canvas_Item_Record?

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Apr 22 17:01:50 CEST 2002

"Nash, D. LTC            EECS" <dd9875 at exmail.usma.army.mil> writes:

> > Is there a recommended way for an application to be notified when an
> > object of a type derived from GtkAda.Canvas.Canvas_Item_Record is dragged
> > within the canvas?  It's clear that by catching Item_Selected events one
> > may infer that a drag might have begun (but possibly not, if the item has
> > merely been clicked upon), but I haven't been able to discover a way
> > within the 1.3.12 API to be notified that the mouse button was released
> > following a drag.  Any suggestions?

No, there is none currently. It would be nice indeed to create a new signal,
and emitted it when the mouse is released. We'll put that on the TODO list, and
do it when we have the time.

thanks for the suggestion,