[gtkada] Preliminary GNOME 2.0 patches

Aidan Skinner aidan at velvet.net
Fri Apr 12 01:14:27 CEST 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Arnaud Charlet wrote:

> > Attached is a gzip'd patch for bringing parts of the gnome bindings up
> > to GNOME 2.0 beta 3.
>
> That's a very nice contribution, thanks!
> We'll integrate in CVS ASAP.

I see you're keeping to your "don't expect a reply in 10 minutes, it'll
take at least 15" statement on the website. ;)

I was looking at checking the UI_Info stuff in gnome-app_helper.adb,
and I was wondering if it might be better to change them from
functions that essentially duplicate the information in the #define
from gnome-app-helper.h to imports for C wrapper functions that just
contain the define and return statement that are then inlined (so
there's no function call overhead). That way it doesn't matter if C
macros change, the library just needs recompiled as opposed to hand
edited again.

- Aidan

--
aidan at velvet.net  http://www.velvet.net/~aidan/  aim:aidans42
finger for pgp key fingerprint |Unix Programmer/Admin actively seeking work