[gtkada] Running GtKAda on a Win32 box drawing on an X11 Server ??

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Wed Apr 10 10:22:42 CEST 2002

> Does anyon know if the folowing has been done ?

This has not been done.

> Write an application using GtkAda to build and verify a GUI under Win32.
> Relink that applicatin  using other low-level primitives to draw on an X11
> server instead.

You would need a Gtk+ built under windows, but for an X11 back end.
Theoretically possible, but certainly a significant amount of work.

I'd suggest you use linux machines instead, with a virtual machine such as
VMWare to run both linux and windows at the same time (or the other way
around: run Windows, and Linux in a virtual machine).

Arno