[gtkada] Generating source code from GLADE Tool Bar

stephane at rochebrune.org stephane at rochebrune.org
Tue Sep 25 20:17:01 CEST 2001

Hi Eric,

I would like to talk with you about the ada_gate program you wrote and
(possible) improvements I am thinking about when using it with some
incomplete or ill-behaved .glade xml file (i.e missing clauses in .glade
file), like :

- <program_name></program_name>
- <source_directory></source_directory>
- <pixmaps_directory></pixmaps_directory>

When one, two or three of theses are missing, the corresponding parameter
is replaced by a "<no_name>" string... which is sending from gate-in.exe to
ada_gate.exe, causing an error.

Syntaxe du nom de fichier, de répertoire ou de volume incorrecte.
raised OS_SERVICES_GNAT.SERVICE_ERROR : Mkdir command failed

At first, I suggest to test variable before using it.

If the first line contains "<no_name>", that means
<program_name></program_name> is    missing. So why not output a message
like "<program_name></program_name> clauses" is missing" ?

Secondly, you use an adalog package to perform basic file os interaction
not included in gnat os lib. I would like to talk with you about that...

Is your native language is french ?

Best regards from France

Stéphane Rivière (Oleron Island - France)