[gtkada] License

Jeff Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Wed Sep 12 12:43:39 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnaud Charlet" <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR>
To: <gtkada at lists.act-europe.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 6:13 AM
Subject: Re: [gtkada] License

> > Am I allowed to give such programs to a third party?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Is it ok, to deliver the executable allone (together with the necessary
> > DLLs)? Must there be some additional license text included?
>
> It is ok.
>
> > Is it better to deliver just my sources, so that the thir party can
compile
> > and link them with GtkAda on its own?
>
> Giving your sources would give the third party more freedom so we
encourage you
> to do it, but this is by no means required.
>
> Arno

Also note that if you delivered source and binary it would be to a second
party (your
customer) not an arbitrary third party. Even pure GPL (so the following does
not apply
to GtkAda but pure GPL programs) does not require third party
delivery (as long as you deliver your source code with your binary to anyone
you
choose to give a binary to - they are just free to give it to whoever they
want)...

Again...I am no lawyer..