[gtkada] Problem with drawing

Michael Gonzalez mgh at unican.es
Thu Nov 29 15:17:41 CET 2001

Hi,

I have a drawing window for which I wrote a handler for the expose event
that copies a pixmap into the window. From my main program I can make
changes to the drawing, then re-draw the window using a Queue_Draw
operation, and then let GtkAda process the events with the  following
loop (suggested in the reference manual):

    while Gtk.Main.Events_Pending loop
         Dead := Gtk.Main.Main_Iteration;
    end loop;

In Linux this works fine. But when I run the same program under Windows
the loop never ends. There seem to be infinite events queuing.

This only happens after invoking Queue_Draw for the drawing window. I
have used the same loop with other objects with no problem.

Any idea of why the Linux and Windows implementations are behaving
different?

Best wishes,

Michael Gonzalez.
Michael Gonzalez Harbour                      E-mail: mgh at unican.es
Dpto. de Electronica y Computadores
Universidad de Cantabria                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander                             Fax   : +34-942-201402
SPAIN