[gtkada] adding and removing widgets in a container

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Thu Nov 29 12:33:19 CET 2001

Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> writes:

> I did this too with frames that had a content in them, but I got a
> problem. If I pressed a button in the frame and this resulted in the
> frame being removed, I noticed that when I later Added the frame the
> button was still highlighted. It doesn't seem to be a solution to this
> as I didn't get any answers even on the Gtk+ mailinglist on how to solve
> this problem. So I went back to simply destroying the widget and creating
> a new every time I need it.

Just thinking of it now: have you tried to just destroy the button instead of
the whole frame ?
You could also try to send a "leave_notify" event to the button, to change its
state. I guess it would work, but I am not sure why this event wasn't sent
automatically by the Xserver.