[gtkada] Attaching widgets to a GtkAda.Canvas

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Wed Nov 28 16:56:19 CET 2001

Charles Darcy <charlie at mullum.com.au> writes:

>     Is it possible to attach widgets to a Canvas ? The GtkAda.Canvas
> package spec seems to indicate that only Canvas_Item's may be placed on
> a Canvas.

No, it currently isn't possible. What you saw in testgtk was apparently some
left over from some tests I was doing, but I never took the time to fully
implement that functionality.
The problem here is that the canvas is then responsible to forward all required
events to the child widget, so that the latter is correctly resized, displayed,
hidden,...