[gtkada] Question about Glade installed with GtkAda-1.3.12

Kester, Rush W. Rush.Kester at jhuapl.edu
Mon Nov 19 18:58:53 CET 2001

I just installed GtkAda-1_3_12.exe on my MS Windows 98 system.  Then ran
INSTALL.BAT
which seemed to run without errors.

My path is set to
C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\GNATPRO\BIN;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WBEM;E:\GTKAD
A~1.12\BIN

I execute Glade and get
1. a Glade: <untitled> project window
2. a Palette window
3. a Properties: <none> window

Glade version is 0.5.9

In the Glade project window I select File, New Project.  Upon completion,
the
status line indicates: "New project created"

So far things seem, OK then I encounter the following error.

When I select File, Project Options, two windows pop up: a Project Options
dialog
and an MS DOS GLADE window with the following error messages:

  ** CRITICAL **: file utils.c: line 1338 (glade_util_make_absolute_path):
     assertion `dir != NULL' failed.

  GLib-CRITICAL **: file gwin32.c: line 94 (g_win32_opendir):
     assertion `dirname != NULL' failed.

  ** WARNING **: Couldn't find next free project directory.

I did a search for utils.c & gwin32.c on my hard drives but couldn't find
them.

Is there something wrong with my installation?

Where do I find these files or how are they created?

Thanks in advance! Rush