[gtkada] (no subject)

Bobby D. Bryant bdbryant at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 16 01:56:35 CET 2001

linutux loinux wrote:

> I'm making a GUI with GtkAda and I want execute other program (don't write
> in Ada) in a widget, but I don't know how I can do it. Can anybody help me?.

I believe you can do it with the socket/plug mechanism if you know the XID of
the program you want to display in your GtkAda widget.  (You can for sure do it
if the other program is a GTK+ program, because that will support the
socket/plug mechanism directly.  The documentation seems to indicate that you
can do it with any X program by using calls to X to find out the XID of the
non-GTK program, though I've never tried it.)

Look at the GtkAda documentation for Gtk.Socket and Gtk.Plug.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas