[gtkada] Questions

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Nov 12 23:06:56 CET 2001

> > a.. Display of the accentuated characters and those of ASCII values > 128
>
> This doesn't work on Windows. I hope it will be fixed soon as my
> application needs it. It works on linux though.

Let me add to others' answers that your code on Linux is not portable and
will no longer work with Gtk 2.

Only ASCII ( < 128) characters are supported as is. For any other character,
you need to use UTF-8 strings, not 8 bit character strings.

> > d.. can one change icon GTK by defect of the application?
>
> I would like to know that too.

That's a windows question which has not much to do with GtkAda.

> > e. Can one not open window DOS bound, or automatically put it in icon?
>
> I would like to know that too.

Same thing here (even if people have answered that part).

Arno