[gtkada] Questions

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Nov 12 15:12:53 CET 2001

> > a.. Display of the accentuated characters and those of ASCII values > 128
>
> This doesn't work on Windows. I hope it will be fixed soon as my
> application needs it. It works on linux though.

It won't be fixed on gtk+ 1.2.*.
However, the development branch gtk+ 1.3.*, still unstable, has a much more
powerful engine to handle languages other than english, called pango, which is
fully supported with the appropriate version of GtkAda (see the sources in the
cvs repository)

> > c. Access of the labels of button, item finely, radio operator button...
> > to be able to modify them +en run time

> I suggest that you do that and make Labels you manually pack into the
> buttons. Then you can modify the Labels with Set_Text.

or do a
    Set_Text (Gtk_Label (Get_Child (button)), "foo");

more complex, but doesn't require to store the label separately.

> I don't know if this has/will change.

Yes, the development branch includes properties that can be modified
dynamically, including one to modify the label of a gtk_button.

> > e. Can one not open window DOS bound, or automatically put it in icon?
>
> I would like to know that too.

Yes, link with -mwindows