[gtkada] Questions

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon Nov 12 16:07:31 CET 2001

Thierry Gabaud <tgabaud at club-internet.fr> wrote on 12/11/2001 (12:08) :
> Bonjour,
>
> Dans l'environnement suivant :
>
>   a.. Windows 2000
>   b.. GNAT 3.13
>   c.. GCC 2.8.1
>   d.. GTKADA-1.3.12
> Pour une application en GTKADA, quelqu'un peut-il résoudre les problèmes suivants :
>
>   a.. Affichage des caractères accentués et ceux de valeurs ASCII > 128
>   b.. Possibilité du choix de la police de caractères des labels, boutons...
>   c.. Accès des labels de bouton, item menu, radio bouton ... pour pouvoir les modifier en run time
>   d.. Peut-on changer l'icône GTK par défaut de l'application ?
>   e.. Peut-on ne pas ouvrir la fenêtre DOS liée, ou la mettre en icône automatiquement ?
> Merci
>
> Thierry GABAUD
> tgabaud at club-internet.fr

First please post in English or I'll answer you in Norwegian. ;-)

<translated with babelfish>
> Hello, In the following environment: a.. Windows 2000 B. GNAT 3.13 C.
> GCC 2.8.1 D.. GTKADA-1.3.12 For an application in GTKADA, somebody can
> it solve the following problems:
>
> a.. Display of the accentuated characters and those of ASCII values > 128

This doesn't work on Windows. I hope it will be fixed soon as my
application needs it. It works on linux though.

> b. Possibility of the choice of the character font of the labels, buttons...

You mean to set the font you want to use for labels etc? You can do this
by using Styles and Load the font you want. Look at the GTK+ tutorial
www.gtk.org

> c. Access of the labels of button, item finely, radio operator button...
> to be able to modify them +en run time

procedure Gtk_New
  (Button             : out   Gtk_Button;
   Label              : in    String := "");

Create a new button.

if Label is not the empty string, then the text appears in the button
(and the child of the button is a Gtk_Label). On the other hand, if
Label is the empty string, then no child is created for the button and
it is your responsibility to add one. This is the recommended way to put
a pixmap inside the button.

I suggest that you do that and make Labels you manually pack into the
buttons. Then you can modify the Labels with Set_Text.

I don't know if this has/will change.

> d.. can one change icon GTK by defect of the application?

I would like to know that too.

> e. Can one not open window DOS bound, or automatically put it in icon?

I would like to know that too.

> Merci

</translated with babelfish>

Hope it helps.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»