[gtkada] How to hide the cursor ?

Jean-Etienne Doucet doucet at laas.fr
Tue May 22 11:31:03 CEST 2001

| Jean-Etienne Doucet writes:
|  > I'd like to hide the mouse cursor when it's over the drawing area.
|
| You could try to create cursor directly from a Pixmap and Mask (see
| Gdk.Cursor.Gdk_New), but it doesn't sound like very user friendly to completely
| hide the cursor. When the user is looking for his mouse, he won't find it at
| all on the screen, which is very disturbing.
| I wouldn't recommend doing that, unless you have a very good reason for this.
|
| regards,
| Emmanuel

Actually, there is an animation in the double buffer (the drawing
area) and I'd like the cursor to disappear when the animation starts
and reappear when it ends. The cursor is kind of disturbing during
the animation. Starting and stopping the animation can be done via the
keyboard, so the user should not be much disturbed.

Anyway, it seems there's no easy way to hide the cursor, except by
making a special one with a pixmap & mask. I'll have a look.
For the time being, I'll put the thinniest one I can find...

Thank you very much anyway !

--jed--