[gtkada] Glade menu question

Larry Elmore ljelmore at home.com
Sun May 6 22:04:33 CEST 2001

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to GtkAda. I've designed the
basic UI to my program using glade (v0.6.2 on Debian Sid and using Gnat
3.13p), and it generates Ada source that compiles. The only problem I've
noticed is with the menus. Instead of underlining a letter for alternate
key selection, it simply inserts the underscore character as part of the
name. In the "known-problems" file included with the GtkAda source, the
2nd item, "Option menus not shown properly when using the GUI builder"
seems like it might be describing my problem, but it's hard to be sure
-- certainly the described workaround doesn't seem to change anything.

Another question I have regarding the menu code generated by glade, such
as:

	Gtk_New (Window1.New_Window1, -"_New Window");

What is the purpose of the "-" just before the string? I don't recall
coming across this before in Ada, though it's been a while since I last
used it, nor could I find anything in the GtkAda RM or UG. The compiler
doesn't complain about it, but removing the dashes doesn't seem to
affect anything, either. Or is this just an artifact from using glade
0.6.2 instead of v0.5.9?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Larry