[gtkada] libGlade in GtkAda

Julio Angel Cano Romero jukano at visto.com
Fri May 4 21:03:08 CEST 2001

Hello

As i am a newbe at gtkada and ada itself i am having problems trying to use gtk.glade.

Let's see. I'm trying to develop a program that uses articles, and articles properties frame depends on de article chosen. We have an articles list, and the article properties frame. I want to change that properties frame depending on de article chosen because different articles have different properties.
Well, right till now. The problem is i think the best way to do it is gtk.glade, using a different glade file for every article, containing the properties frame and instantiating it.
Any idea of how to do it? I've seen dgate source code but it isn't completly usefull.
I can do

N: Node_ptr;
begin
 N := Parse (article-glade.all);
 Instantiate (N);

but i don't know how to pack this N (Node_ptr) in the already created and shown window (p.e. window1.properties) of type gtk_window, gtk_frame, or something like that.

Thanks.
Bye.
Julio