[gtkada] Ctree Collapse-Expand and resultant node list

Wells, Larisa lwells at dcscorp.com
Tue Mar 20 17:22:47 CET 2001

I am attempting to obtain the node_list from a ctree with 4 items (maximum
depth 3), and then use that list to determine if each item "Is_Viewable".  I
am experiencing two problems:

   1) After expanding and collapsing the branch once (it is initialized
expanded), the node list contents changes (as queried by Get_Node_List).
Oddly, it drops the items that are in the expanded branch, then picks them
up again when it is collapsed.  The list count continues to toggle back and
forth indefinitely with the collapse and expansion.  I would expect that the
list should not change regardless of the expansion state, but I certainly
wouldn't expect items to be omitted from the list when they are viewable.

   2) When performing the Is_Viewable query on each of these node from the
list, it always returns true.  I then tried to build my own Is_Viewable
query using Row_Get_Expanded, and it too always returns true for each node
in the list.

Has anyone encountered either of these problems, or could suggest a work
around?

Thank you!
Larisa