[gtkada] Tasking with GtkAda for newbies

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Thu Feb 8 21:39:32 CET 2001

Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> wrote on 08/02/2001 (15:29) :

I found out that this works:

 task body GUI_Task is
   begin
   Gtk.Main.Set_Locale;
   Gdk.Threads.Init;
   Gtk.Main.Init;

   loop
     select
       accept New_Dialog do
         Gtk_New (Notify_Dialog,
                  "Remember to tape the radioplay today")
         Show_All (Notify_Dialog);
       end New_Dialog;
     else
       while Gtk.Main.Events_Pending loop
         Dead := Gtk.Main.Main_Iteration;
       end loop;

     end select;

     delay 0.01;
   end loop;

The problem was that when I tried this earlier I had :

        accept New_Dialog do
          Gdk.Threads.Enter;
          Gtk_New (Notify_Dialog,
                   "Remember to tape the radioplay today")
          Show_All (Notify_Dialog);
          Gdk.Threads.Leave;
        end New_Dialog;

Which didn't work.

My next question is: Do I need to Free Notify_Dialog with
Unchecked_Deallocation when I destroy the dialog window?

Thanks in advance.
--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»