[gtkada] Determining coordinates of tree node

Wells, Larisa lwells at dcscorp.com
Wed Apr 25 11:54:55 CEST 2001

I am trying to determine the x, y window coordinates of a tree node
(primarily the y value) so that I can appropriately align the contents of a
drawing area adjacent to it.  I cannot seem to locate an operation that will
provide this information.  Gtk.Clist provides the opposite query, x, y
coordinate to row item in Get_Selection_Info, but does not provide the other
way around.  And since the tree node (or list item) is not a widget itself,
I am unable to use the allocation information for coordinates.

I am actually trying to work around a problem that I had encountered with
scrolling, but I have not found reported by anyone else on either gtkada or
gtk/gnome mailing lists.  When I added a ctree and drawing area to a
scrolled_window, the drawing area would get distorted for large trees (4000
nodes) and associated data, but behaved perfectly fine with smaller trees.
The drawing area looked almost as if it wrapped around itself and drew data
from the bottom of the window overtop of the beginning data.  The scroll bar
adjustments would also disappear in this case, so I could not see anything
further, and it made me suspect some sort of memory overlay problem.  Has
anyone had any experience with limitations in drawing area size (or tree
node size for that matter -- although 4000 nodes is not really all that
big).

Your help is appreciated,
Larisa