[gtkada] Question about Style and Pragmas

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon Apr 16 18:44:39 CEST 2001

Hi (finally found some time to do some coding again :-) )

I have two quick questions.

1. Why are there pragma Suppress (All_Checks); in the source code
   generated by gate? Do they serve any particular reason, I would like to
   not remove the checks...

2. I haven't quite understood how one deals with Styles. That is I can
   change the font's colors etc++ no prob. The problem is that I don't
   understand whether I can only use something like this:

      Style_Greek := Get_Row_Style (Clist, 1);
      .. -- change the font to a Greek font.
      Style_Norwegian := Get_Row_Style (Clist, 2);
      .. -- change the font to a Norwegian font.

   And then apply Style_Greek to rows 1,3,5,7,... etc and Style_Norwegian
   to 2,4,6,8,... as I make a list with alternating a Greek Word and
   an Explanation in Norwegian on the next line.

   Or do I have to use:

      Style_Greek := Copy (Get_Row_Style (Clist, 1));
      .. -- change the font to a Greek font.
      Style_Norwegian := Copy (Get_Row_Style (Clist, 2));
      .. -- change the font to a Norwegian font.

   Stupid question I guess, but I cannot figure this out properly. This is
   especially a problem in another program I'm making that is designed to
   run "forever" as each time a dialog is opened and closed the memory size
   increases when I use the wrong approach...

Thanks in advance.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»