[gtkada] GtkAda and distributed programming with gnat-glade?

Bobby D. Bryant bdbryant at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:19:02 CEST 2001

"David C. Hoos, Sr." wrote:

> My recollection is that gnat distributed programs indeed _DO_
> use a different version of s-stratt.adb (the stream attributes body)
> because distributed programs need platform-independent
> data representations on the transport medium.

OK, I do see a second one at /usr/lib/ada/garlic-3.13p/s-stratt.adb.
However, it has an old date on it (both it and its .ali are dated 06-Jan),
and my compilation shouldn't be able to change it since I'm compiling from a
non-privileged account.

Also, I don't see it underneath the local dsa/ subdirectory that gnatdist
creates when I compile.  gnatdist does put an s-garela.adb and partition.adb
there, though I don't see anything in them that obviously affects
s-stratt.adb.

Also, I would ass-u-me that the garlic variant of s-stratt.adb was already
being used when I compiled the program without any GtkAda dependencies.  I
have a complete master-slave architecture that compiles and runs, until I try
to add a GUI. Any ideas about what might have changed when I with'd
Gtk.Window?

Thanks,

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas