[gtkada] GtkAda and distributed programming with gnat-glade?

Bobby D. Bryant bdbryant at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 12 06:20:56 CEST 2001

Is there a trick to getting GtkAda to work with distributed programs
based on gnat-glade?  (I.e., compiled with gnatdist.)

I have a skeletal program that compiles and works OK without GtkAda, but
as soon as I put in a "with gtk.window" I get a cascade of compilation
errors starting with:

error: "s-finroo.adb" must be recompiled ("s-stratt.adb" has been
modified)
error: "s-stratt.adb" has been modified and must be recompiled

gnatdist seems to be giving a spurious error message, since s-stratt.adb
manifestly has *not* been changed.

If anyone has worked through this problem previously and has tips about
where I should go from here, I would appreciated it.

I am not trying to distribute the GUI over multiple partitions; use of
GtkAda is limited to a single package that has no pragmas pertaining to
distributed programming.

My components are from the ALT RPMs:

GtkAda-1.2.10-2
gnat-3.13p-5