[gtkada] gate problem

Alexey V. Litvinov lialsoftlab at mail.ru
Thu Sep 28 15:51:09 CEST 2000

-----Èñõîäíîå ñîîáùåíèå-----
Îò: Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org>
Êîìó: Alexey V. Litvinov <lialsoftlab at mail.ru>
Äàòà: 28 ñåíòÿáðÿ 2000 ã. 19:58
Òåìà: Re: [gtkada] gate problem

>> >Some have posted change of gate.sh to this list previousely, and the
next
>> >version of GtkAda will also have a corrected gate.sh script.
>
>I have attached gate.sh
>--

Hmmm. Thanks, but it also doesn't work!

Explain who:
Earler I thought that mkdir doesn't work propertly, but it's ok.
I saw some strange behavor in shell variables

I appended in script this lines:

echo $prj $srcdir $pixdir
echo $dir
echo $dir/$srcdir

after

pixdir="$3"
# Copy any pixmap files from pixdir to srcdir

for checking what script gave to mkdir, and seen next output from those
lines:
(GtkAda installed in c:\sl\gtkada\; and test project saved under name test
in c:\probe\)

-- echo $prj $srcdir $pixdir
test
src
pixmaps
-- It's ok.

-- echo $dir
C:\Probe
-- also ok.

--echo $dir/$srcdir
C:\Probe/
-- where contents of "srcdir"? As I thought it must be C:\Probe/src -- isn't
it?
-- In choise of more deeper directory as example c:\projects\test I got more
strange result: "c:\projects est"
-- It may be that sh used '\' as special char but in echo line standing '/'

-- And other output
C:\SL\GTKADA\BIN\mkdir.exe: cannot create directory `C:': File exists
-- Sure disk c: is exist, but where "\Probe"?

C:\SL\GTKADA\BIN\mkdir.exe: cannot create directory `.gate/test
src
pixmaps': No such file or directory
C:\SL\GTKADA\BIN\mkdir.exe: cannot make directory `.gate/test
src
pixmaps/tmp': No such file or directory
C:/SL/GtkAda/bin/gate.sh: permission denied:
.gate/test\nsrc\npixmaps/tmp/gate.a
da [66]

raised ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.DEVICE_ERROR : s-fileio.adb:967