[gtkada] gtkada-config --static {was "Phanax: A GtkAda-based presentation tool."}

Bobby D. Bryant bdbryant at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 11 23:53:53 CEST 2000

Preben Randhol wrote:

> One small question on gtkada-config though. When should one use
> gtkada-config --static?

I have on occasion used it to compile at home when I wanted to upload the resulting
binary to a system at work where GtkAda was not installed.

FWIW, the static link in that particular Makefile is not working (can't find a few
symbols), and I simply haven't had time to troubleshoot it.  But --static has
proven useful on various other programs.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

p.s. -- Thanks for your other kind remarks.