[gtkada] Phanax: A GtkAda-based presentation tool.

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Sep 11 12:01:01 CEST 2000

Few comments on Phanax:

I indeed got into trouble with the fonts (I don't have the 'urw' font family).

Your Makefile seems to have some trouble, as already explained in this list,
you cannot put -cargs and then use gtkada-config, you need to do it the other
way around. I am not sure how this can work on your system.

As for the compiler options that you are using to compile, some of them are
surprising. For example, you should not use -gnatE, since the default
elaboration model is stricter and more reliable/portable, in particular
if you use -gnatwl (as you do) and follow the advices. You may want to
use -gnatwe to enforce this.

Concerning Glib.XML_Patched, except for the fact that you are using an old
version of this file (compared to GtkAda 1.2.8), I can't find what changes
are needed, so you may want to revisit this issue (which might be simple
historical reasons).

Arno