[gtkada] Events without User Action

Robert B. Love rlove at neosoft.com
Sat Sep 9 05:27:41 CEST 2000

I want to use a timeout or idle function to update items in a table
or clist.  I'm looking at the example in create_test_timeout.adb
from the testgtk directory.  There I see a timeout function is
attached to a Button and responds to an event of "clicked".  How
do I not attach the timeout function to any user event? I simply
want to fetch data from some ongoing computation and display it at
1 second intervals.  I want this to happen continually as long as
the table exists and without user intervention.

Any advice or examples of this would be appreciated.

 Bob Love
 rlove at neosoft.com