[gtkada] Dynamically Changing the Toggle Button Label

Jeff Carter jrcarter at acm.org
Thu Oct 12 05:03:13 CEST 2000

Morris Dare wrote:
> I want to know if there is a way to change the Label on a toggle button
> dynamically during program execution. I have tried everything that looks
> likely to me but to no avail.

I needed to do this, too. What I came up was:

1. Create the toggle button without a label
2. Create a label
3. Add the label to the toggle button

You can then use Set_Text on the label to change the label.

Since buttons frequently contain labels, it would be nice to have
Set_Text act directly on the button to change its associated label.

--
Jeff Carter
"Son of a window-dresser."