[gtkada] Some problems

manuel.op.de.coul at ezh.nl manuel.op.de.coul at ezh.nl
Tue Mar 28 17:46:59 CEST 2000

I use GtkAda 1.2.6, GNAT 3.12 and Glade 0.5.5 on Alpha OSF 4.0d.
Here are some things I encountered:

1. The characters < and > in a Label in Glade appear as &lt; and
&gt; in the application.

2. Some signal callbacks are generated as procedures while they must
be functions.

3. When you create a group of radiobuttons in Glade, with an eventbox
around each button to provide a Tooltip for the button, it doesn't work.
Apparently the group is split into different groups for each
button/eventbox. Removing the eventboxes made it work but then I lose
the tooltip. Is there a way around that?

4. In a toolbar with style Icons, the buttons show up in the
application with both icon and text. The generated Ada-code is correct,
as seems GtkAda. Changing the style in Glade makes no difference, the
buttons stay the same. So this must be a problem in Gtk or Gdk, is it
known?

5. Justification for labels doesn't always work. I suspect it doesn't
when the label is inside a table. Then they are all centered when I
have selected Left_Justified and Right_Justified. Again the Ada-code
is correct. I don't know a workaround.

6. Glade crashes often with
$ Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
(different serial each time).

Cheers,

Manuel Op de Coul