[gtkada] survey: what applications do you develop ?

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon Mar 20 18:01:39 CET 2000

briot at gnat.com wrote on 20/03/2000 (17:16) :

> We (= the GtkAda team) were wondering what kind of applications were currently
> developed with GtkAda.
> This information would be useful to know what new things should be added to
> the toolkit. There are a lot of possibilities (gdk.pixbuf for
> image loading and manipulations, new widgets, ...). For this, we need to know
> what people need/want.
>
> The best would be to start a list of applications. If you do not want to send
> them to this list (for instance if this is a secret you don't want your
> competitors to know :-), send them directly to the authors, we will keep this
> information private and never publish it.
> Of course, having such a list might also attract more people to Ada and
> GtkAda, or even to your project if this is a open source project where you
> want some help.

First of all I would like to thanks for the excellent work you've done!

At the moment I'm working on a small and simple tetris game to learn more
about Ada95, Gdk and Tasks.

I also work on a educational program to aid learning new languages. It
is a vocabulary trainer. Though I'm waiting for Gtk 1.4 with unicode
support for this. I also plan a more general educational tool, but that
is only some vague plans at the moment. All will be (L)GPL if finished.

If I should make a wish it would be to be able to load and render
pictures (pixbuf ?), a canvas widget like gnomecanvas and
XML validation.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol at pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."