[gtkada] Callbacks

briot at gnat.com briot at gnat.com
Mon Mar 6 19:07:10 CET 2000

 > -- To have a callback with more than one argument, but then I have to
 >    extend the marshallers package if I understand the GtkAda documentation
 >    right.

This is most certainly the best way to go.
We only provided marshallers for the case with one argument because this is
the most common case, but other cases happen and are in fact quite easy to
use.

Have you looked at the file  examples/handlers/own_marshaller.adb in the
GtkAda distribution ?
The first function is one that takes 3 arguments, and is connected to a
widget in general_tips.adb.

The idea is that all the arguments are grouped together in a
Gtk.Arguments.Gtk_Args structure, and that you can extract them one by one
with calls to the functions in Gtk.Arguments.

Let us know if you need more information.