[gtkada] Problem with color

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Fri Dec 29 16:20:18 CET 2000

 > Not a GtkAda problem per se, but doing this, e.g.
 >
 >   Grey_Color : Gdk_Color := Parse("grey");
 >
 > produces a segmentation fault on my system, Gtk+ 1.2.8 and GtkAda 1.2.10 on
 > Compaq Alpha under Tru64 Unix.

In what context did you put that statement (library-level, local variable in a
procedure, ...) ? if at library-level, remember that the elaboration code is
executed before any other code in your application, and thus gtk+ itself
hasn't been initialized.
Not much we can do here I think, except document that GtkAda functions should
not be called in elaboration code.
I would be happy to be proved wrong, though :-)