[gtkada] bug report oups

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Thu Apr 27 10:38:57 CEST 2000

 > Do you speak french?

As a matter of fact, I am french, as are the two other main developpers of
GtkAda.
However, this list includes a lot of people that don't speak french
(unbelievable, right ?), and thus you should always post in english.

 > sorry for harrass you , tell me i you want i will stop mail you.
 > Are there somebody else who is  working on double buffer in your crew?

Nobody is really working on the double_buffer. This was only an example, that
works on Unix and NT, but is not part of the core GtkAda. This does not mean
that we don't want to fix it for Win98, just that we are not putting any
effort into that (you'll see in the upcoming new release of GtkAda that we
haven't been wasting our time either, there are lots of new features and
widgets :-).
For one thing, we do not have any machine running Win98, thus can't try it.

I don't believe the error is related to what you said (Double_Buffer not being
a drawable). Since it inherits from Drawing_Area, it is associated with a
Gdk_Window, which is a drawable. Thus the problem has to be looked for
elsewhere...