[gps-users] GNAT GPL gprbuild problems and crashes

Rob Groen robgr at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 28 17:54:06 CEST 2017

Hi Gautier,

Thanks for your reply.

What I see is about 4% CPU utilization (max), and almost no disk i/o.
Processor speed is 30% of max Ghz (avg). Other programs do max CPU
utilization and speed...

I tried the following:
- disable antivirus -> almost no effect (less then 1%)
- install the 2017 GPL GNAT compiler. No effect
- install the 2015 GPL GNAT compiler. Maybe a bit faster, but not
spectacular.

Funny thing is that on my other laptop with Win7 the performance is much
much better, CPU's are comparable, the drive on the Win10 is SDD, on
WIn7 it is HDD.

Guess I am stuck

Regards, Rob