[gps-users] Has anyone run into a problem with pep8 dependency causing a big failure in GPS?

Micahwelf Waddoups micahwelf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:22:20 CET 2016

Since pep8 has been renamed to pycodestyle (for valid, but not critical
reasons), I have not been able to run GPS and get any of my word and study
in Ada done in my machine. I am considering doing a backward hack, building
a private directory where I can build python with pep8 and everything GPS
expects, then mount-binding both the development work directories and the
important system directories so that GPS will run.  Or just run a virtual
machine, but that is slower and requires special considerations for
maintenance and accessing the file-system...  Right now these seem my only
fast solutions I see to running the older versions and the current version
of GPS (GPL), but future versions should should be adapted to work with the
new python modules or remove the dependency on pep8 all together.  Anyhow,
I am very eager to see GPL working again.