[gps-users] How to Override gcc -I- Switch Generated by GPS

Henry Grant hgrant at decilog.com
Wed Jan 21 22:54:44 CET 2015

Question: How do I remove or override the "-I-" from the gcc command
produced by GPS 6.0.1, can I do this through GPS?

Currently, a build of my project produces "compilation errors" on just a few
files (not related to Win32Ada).

When separately compiling one of these files (in the GPS IDE), the
'Messages' tab indicates:

gcc -c -O2 -gnat95 -I- -gnatA C:{filepath}\foobar.ads
a bunch of warnings, but no errors
GNAT GPL 2014 (20140331)
Copyright 1992-2014, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
cannot generate code for file foobar.ads (package spec)

Now when I issue this same gcc command at a command prompt, it results in
several messages indicating:
filename.ads:159:06: file "foo.ads" not found. Foo.ads is 'withed' by
foobar.ads.

I find that by removing the gcc "-I-" switch and adding the verbose -gnatv,
foobar.ads appears to be compiled, resulting in a bunch of warnings and the
following:

3758 lines: No errors, 96 warnings

My understanding of -I- is: except for the source file named in the command
line, do not look for other related source files in this directory. I do
have the ADA_INCLUDE_PATH specified and my .gpr file has a 'for  Source_Dirs
use' clause with the appropriate directories.

Any help as to how to remove or override the -I- would be appreciated.

Current environment
GPS 6.0.1
Win-7 Pro 32bit
Win32Ada installed