[gps-users] GPS and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH variable

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Mon Sep 20 22:27:25 CEST 2010

Mathieu Dubois <mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr> writes:
> After some time doing something else, I'm back on this project...
>
> Just to remind you my problem:
>   - variable ADA_OBJECTS_PATH is set in login and non-login shells
>   - the program compiles and links correctly from the shell with
> gnat-make -P project_file program
>   - if I start GPS from the explorer link fails
>   - if I start GPS from a shell it works
>
> Any idea?

~/.bashrc is only executed when starting a shell, not when starting an X
session.  See Xsession(5) for an explanation, in particular:

       /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40x11-common_xsessionrc
              Source global environment variables.  This script will
              source anything in $HOME/.xsessionrc if the file is
              present.  This allows the user to set global environment
              variables for their X session, such as locale information.

So, in short, you need to do:

$ echo "export ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=$HOME/adalib" > ~/.xsessionrc

then log out and log back in.

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.