[gps-users] On ubuntu 10.04 cannot find "libpyglib-2.0-python.so.0"

Francesco Piraneo G. liste at iface.ch
Wed Sep 15 15:44:33 CEST 2010

> You should run 'gps', not 'gps_exe', although ubuntu is not a distribution
> that we test.

Hi Arno,

thank you for your quick answer; running gps simply with "gps" lead me
to another error:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
libcanberra-gtk-module.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso:
Nessun file o directory

(as usual unable to find a shared object that is present on
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules).

I've seen that you don't test gps on ubuntu; by the way consider that
ubuntu is one of major distro so I think that many people will going to
use it in the future! I've also tried RHEL 5.3 but is not well
maintained and lots of packages are outdated...

Just to think at a possible solution: I try to install Eclipse and use
gnatbench hoping it will work but the best for me is try to use GPS.

Francesco