[gps-users] How to delete (or make rebuild) the GPS entity database ?

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Tue Jan 26 16:41:59 CET 2010

> Hello,I enjoy a lot the Intellisense... errrrr... the Smart Completion feature.Alas, the entity database it is based on (according tohttp://www.adacore.com/wp-content/files/auto_update/gps-docs/Menu-Items.html#Smart-Completion) got corrupted and GPS (GPL 2009), probably due to some unhandled exception, reliably crashes every time the Smart Completion is trying to show entries.I refreshed the xref info, but it did not help.Anyone succeeded, or knows where is the db file to delete?

The completion 'database' does not exist on disk: it's recomputed on the
fly when GPS starts and kept in memory only.

It sounds like you've hit a bug, but without more details/reproducer, there'
not much more that can be guessed.

[could you please add like breaks in your messages? thanks in advance]

Arno