[gps-users] GPS 4.3.2 smart completion issue

Gautier de Montmollin gautier.de.montmollin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:55:28 CET 2010

OK, hopefully from this e-mail address the messages are correctly
formatted...
To summarize, what made me ask earlier about the entity database is a
strange case of GPS hanging when building the smart completion context menu.
Here is a way to reproduce it:

- download 'Excel Writer' here:http://excel-writer.sourceforge.net/
   (if you are on linux/unix, unzip with -L -aa);
   alternatively:|svn co https://excel-writer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/excel-writer test-excel-writer
|- open excel_out_gnat.gpr with GPS
- in GPS, open excel_out_test.adb
- at the end of line 12, type "xl."
->  boom!

The crash occurs on "GPS 4.3.2 (20090121) hosted on pentium-mingw32msv"
It doesn't occur on "GPS 4.3.1 (20090114) hosted on pentium-mingw32msv"

I guess the changes between these two dates might help finding the bug (if still there anyway)...

Gautier