[gps-users] Refactoring/Subprogram Extraction

Esztermann, Ansgar Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Dec 1 11:03:05 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing problems with GPS 4.4.1 and refactoring. When right-clicking e.g. a variable name, a context menu that includes a "Refactoring" sub-menu appears. However, I have not been able to procure such a menu when selecting one or more lines of code in order to create a new subprogram. I have made sure to select whole lines (both with the selection ending after the final character and extending all the way to the right side of the editor window).

Are there any other common mistakes that would prevent me from seeing the refactoring menu?

Thanks,

A.
--
Ansgar Esztermann