[gps-users] Library projects and test executables

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Mon Apr 12 12:03:16 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I created a "Library project" with GPS (GPS 4.3.1 (20090114)) to develop
a small C shared (dynamic) library under linux (Ubuntu 8.04).
Up to now everything is fine: GPS is able to compile the source code
(only 4 files for now) and create a .so file.

The problem is that I would like to add some test programs.

I tried to add them as main units but then GPS complains that "library
projects" cannot have "Main"...

I tried to create another project for the tests which depends on the
"Library project" but then GPS compiles a static library. Though that
works, I would like a more elegant solution.

I know how to compile such a project with recursive makefile and so
on... But I would like to use GPS... My question is: how can I make that?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mathieu