[gps-users] gnat build failure under Snowleopard

Roger Mc Murtrie rogermc at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 12 09:28:13 CEST 2009

I have recently upgraded my Mac-mini Intel from Leopard to Snowleopard.
Now gnatmake no longer links but fails with:

gnatmake -P/Ada\ Projects/Conftest/conftest.gpr -d
gcc -c -g -g -I- -gnatA /Ada Projects/Conftest/conftest.adb
gnatbind -I- -x /Ada Projects/Conftest/conftest.ali
gnatlink /Ada Projects/Conftest/conftest.ali -g -g -o /Ada Projects/
Conftest/conftest
Undefined symbols:
   "_sigreturn", referenced from:
       ___gnat_error_handler in libgnat.a(init.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gnatlink: error when calling /usr/local/ada-4.5/bin/gcc
gnatmake: *** link failed.

process exited with status 4

This is from the GPS window but happens also running gnatmake from a
Terminal window.

Program:
with Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Conftest is
    Conftest_Ok : Ada.Text_IO.File_Type;
begin
    Ada.Text_IO.Create (File => Conftest_Ok,
                        Name => "");
    Ada.Text_IO.Close (Conftest_Ok);
end Conftest;

I know this is not a GPS problem but the only information that I can
find on the problem is from:

http://www.developpez.net/forums/d808683/autres-langages/autres-langages/ada/installation-gnat-mac-os-10-6-1-a/
using the mac OSX translation capability with Safari.
As this would seem to kill Ada development under snowleopard I wonder
that I can't find more reports on the subject.

Any suggestions as to how to circumvent this problem?

Regards,
Roger