[gps-users] Help with debugging on multiple platforms

Dave Mihalik dmihalik at programphases.com
Tue Dec 16 07:58:00 CET 2008

I have implemented Program Phase Task 1 - “Hello World! with Strings” using Ada.  The program execution instructions are found here:

http://programphases.com/?page_id=946

Part of the program execution instructions include step by step instructions for debugging Program Phase 1-22 using GPS.

Here are my steps so far:

Step 1:  GPS IDE – Activate Menu Item:  Debug > Initialize > pp1_22
Step 2:  Create a breakpoint.  I am stuck at this step.  I thought I could create a breakpoint by left-clicking the mouse on the small area next to the line number in the source code after initializing the debugger.

On the Vista and Linux platform , when I click on the small area next to the line number, the error message displayed is: “No source file named pp1_22.adb.”

I can debug and step through the program when using gnat with Xcode on the Mac OS X platform.

I am running the GPS 4.2.1 GPL edition on the Vista platform.
I am running GNAT 4.3.2 (4.3~2008.08.09ubuntu1 installed with “apt-get install gnat-gps”) on Ubuntu 8.10

Any help is appreciated,
Dave