[gps-users] Refocusing on line / column when reopening a file ?

Gautier de Montmollin gdemont at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:49:57 CEST 2007

# On Thursday 13 September 2007 17:32:55 Gautier de Montmollin wrote:
# > Another nice AdaGIDE goodie is that when you re-open a file, the focus
goes
# > back to where it was last time the file window was closed (or the whole
IDE
# > was closed).
# > Is it in GPS, but unswitched ?
# > If it is not yet there, I can give hints how to program it properly
(added
# > it to AdaGIDE and another IDE).

# It already exists (at least in the development version of GPS, but I think
it
# was already there in the GPL version) as a plug-in called filepos.py.
# I personnaly use it all the time

# regards
# Emmanuel

Thanks, filepos.py is not within the default plug-ins of GPL 2007, but I'm
happy it is "in the pipeline".

Indeed, I was wrong in my statement: when you close the IDE or the project
with a file window open, GPS GPL 2007 remembers the position when you
re-open the IDE or the project, but when you close the file window and
reopen it during a session, it lands on the (1,1) position. So, this
filepos.py does the trick to remember that info, if I understand well ?

Cheers
Gautier